For every new TripBuilder configuration, Nezasa sets up several environments, one of them called Staging, which can be used as a test environment. The test environment is included in all product plans, even Essential.
The domains are generally as follows:
where my-id has to be replaced by your setup's ID. Please note your production domains may not follow the above pattern if they were white-labelled. The staging domains, however, are never white-labelled.
Special Characteristics of the Test Environment
- Availability is provided best effort. There is no SLA related to the staging environment.
- Before Nezasa's regular releases, the staging environment may be unavailable due to resetting its database with data from the production database.
- During release testing days, the staging environment may be unstable due to the deployments of release candidates.
- The database of the test system is reset every 2 weeks! There are no backups.
- During reset, the productive data is cloned, anonymized, and inserted into the test system. Modifications and changes are done in the test system cannot be taken over to the productive system.
The same credentials you have in your productive system can be used.
Please note that the test environment doesn't send any emails. Instead, emails are logged in a service called mailtrap.io. Enterprise plan customers can request a custom mailtrap.io mailbox in order to get access to emails sent by the staging environment.
- No live bookings are performed in the test environment. Whenever possible, test systems of suppliers are used.
- It is possible that some suppliers do not provide a test system which means that they are not available in our test environment either.
Our test environment uses the test environments of the payment providers. This means you will have to use the official test credit cards, etc. of the payment provider.
All APIs are available in the staging environment accordingly.
It is possible to configure separate credentials for Midoco for the staging environment. These separate credentials can point to a test setup within Midoco (usually, in Midoco that would be a specific organization unit). It is recommended that you create a dedicated test user in Midoco that only has access to that test unit.