Learn how to manage allotments in your TripBuilder system for inventory products
- Which product types have support for allotments?
- Add Allotments
- Allotment Attributes
- Product Allotment Search
- Release Notification
Which product types have support for allotments?
Allotments are available now for accommodations, activities, multi-day tours, and transfers (all means of transportation).
For accommodations, an allotment needs to be defined for every single night. All other product types behave differently because the product itself defines a duration/length. Therefore, the allotment is defined on the starting date only.
Steps to add an allotment to a Transit Activity
- Go to Inventory
- Click on Products on the Navigation bar
- Click on Transit Activities and select the desired Transit Activity
- Click on the Allotment button, on the right hand side
- Click on Add Service Category and select a service category
- Add the allotment details to the corresponding service category, see table below.
- If required, add more allotments to the service category. Simply click on Add Allotment to create another one.
- Click Save
Please Note: Allotments can be added to Amenities the same way as to the Service Categories.
On the Planner, we do not show the Allotment status. Our availability checks prevent overbooking scenarios. In case of insufficient allotment units during the planning or checkout processes, a user message will be shown.
|Name||Optional field to describe the allotment. The name is only for internal reference in Cockpit.|
Defines the allotment start date (or general date).
|Cut-Off Date/Days||Enter an exact release date or a relative release date by specifying the days relative to the start date of the allotment period.|
|Units||Enter the number of allotment units. The semantic of "unit" depends on the underlying product type, e.g., for accommodations its rooms, for transports it is seats, etc.|
The number of already booked units. This field is managed by the system and cannot be edited through the UI.
Remark: an allotment cannot be deleted anymore if there was at least one booking.
The status of the allotment, i.e., open or closed.
Product Allotment Search
To make the search of a specific set allotment easier, an allotment search functionality can be found under products in the inventory.
Inventory products can be searched and filtered by: product type, allotment date, status, units, book, etc.
A system email is sent on Monday and Thursday, at 5 am, 14 days before an allotment release date.
Please Note: The feature Release Notification must be enabled via our Customer Success Team.
The automated allotment report "Stop & Sell"
The system has a reporting feature that can be enabled. It produces a CSV with the allotment bookings. To enable the report, do the following:
- Go to Settings - Reports
- Select the corresponding report and click on Request
- Once requested, and after the generation of the report, a CSV file is sent to your configured email address
Booking & Cancellation
Allotment units are automatically deducted or added depending on the action that the user performs.