This article describes the process to request a Google Maps API Key to use in the Nezasa White Labeling integration.
To be able to create a Google Maps API Key a Google account is required.
- If you have already your own account you can continue with the Step section.
- If you do not have an own account yet, please create one: Link to create a Google Account
Steps to create your own Google API Key
- Open a browser and navigate to the following website: https://console.cloud.google.com
- The following Welcome message is displayed.
- Accept the Terms of Services and
- Click on Agree and Continue
3. Click on Select a Project and then on New Project
4. Enter Nezasa in the field Project Name and select No Organisation
5. Click on Create
It will take a moment until the new project is created:
6. From the menu on the left, select Google Maps - APIs
7. Select the newly created Nezasa project
8. From the menu on the left, click on API & Services Credentials
9. From the drop-down Create credentials select API key
The newly created API key is listed in the field Your API key.
Please Note: Copy Your API key and store it in a safe place. This API key must be forwarded to Nezasa.
Nezasa will configure the API key in your system in order to run the functionalities of Google Maps smoothly.
10. Add restrictions to your key. Click on Restrict Key
11. For the Application restrictions select HTTP referrers (web sites)12. To the Website restrictions add
- *.yourdomain.com/* (only applicable if Nezasa is running on your own domain)
By clicking on Add an item
13. Click Save
14. From the menu on the left, click Library to add the appropriate APIs
15. Enable the following list of APIs
- Directions API
- Distance Matrix API
- Geocoding API
- Maps Embed API
- Maps Static API
- Places API
Enabled APIs will be listed under Enabled APIs. Please enable all APIs from the list of the Additional APIs.
16. From the menu on the left, click on Billing
17. Click on Link a billing account
18. Click on Create Billing Account
19. Enter your details as required
Your Google API key is now created and the relevant APIs are enabled.