While creating a stop or transit activity the activity pricing type needs to be selected. This selection is crucial for the overall display and offering of the activity. This article will focus on the details of occupancy-based activity pricing.
The pricing structure is calculated per PAX in a room.
Learn more about how to create a stop or transit activity here.
Please Note: This is only possible while creating the activity. Once you click Save, the activity type can not be changed for this activity anymore.
2. Adding Pricing Categories and Seasons
On the Room Categories tab, various room categories can be added. There is no restriction to the amount.
- Click on the Room Categories Tab
- Click on Add Room Category
- Enter the Name of the Room Category and select from the list of available room types
- Click ADD
- The entered room category and room types will appear on the screen.
- Enter a Mini Description which should be displayed with the room category if required. (optional)
- Pricing Type per Pax (default)
- Click on the small calendar icon to add a Stop Sell Date (optional)
- Specific dates where the service cannot be offered can be entered here.
Best Practice: Create one Room Category with seasonality first.
The season tables of the room categories are copied and only have to be entered once. When changing one of the season tables, all-season tables are adjusted accordingly.
- Click on Add Pricing Season and then on Choose the season dates.
- A pop-up window will open to edit the pricing season. Several season tables can be added and there are two possibilities of adding.
- Enter a Season Name e.g. Low, High or Peak Season.
- Seasons names are optional and are for internal use only, i.e. they are not displayed on the Frontend.
- Calendar View
By clicking and pulling the mouse, a continuously available season can be added, making the product available for all chosen dates.
Click on OK to save the season
Please Note: To remove previously selected dates: click on the blue highlighted dates and confirming the deletion.
- List View
In the list view, dates can be selected by choosing them from the calendar. Selecting the start and end dates allows creating a continuously available season, making the product available for all chosen dates.
Click on OK to save the season
Please Note: To remove previously selected dates: click on the bin sign located on the right-hand side.
Once you have added the different seasons needed, you are able to add a price to the season.
- Add your price below each Room Type and season
If you add new room categories, the pricing seasons will be taken over from the previous one, so you only need to set them once. However, pay ranges and prices can be individually adjusted for each category.
Please Note: The price is per PAX and booking, and is calculated directly on the Frontend upon booking.
Important Note: Do not forget to hit the SAVE button on top of the page to make sure to save your changes.
Adding Special Offers
Below the room categories, special offers can be added. Various types of special offers are supported:
|Bonus Night||e.g. Stay 7/ pay 6|
|Static Early Bird||Book before date x / Discount x %|
|Rolling Early Bird||Book at least x days before / Discount x %|
|Long Stay||Book at least x no of days / Discount x %|
|Last Minute||Book at most x days before / Discount x %|
To add Special Offers
- Click on Add Special Offer:
- Enter the Name of the special offer
- Select the Type of special offer
- Add special offer details depending on the chosen type
- Add validity - Season of the special offer
- Once all details have been added, hit Save to add the special offer to your room category.
Important Note: Please note that only 1 special offer can be applied at a time. The order in which applicable special offers are determined is:
Therefore, if a bonus night and a long stay offers apply, only the bonus night offer will be applied. This limit of 1 special offer is hard-coded.
3. Planner Display
Customers can select the room type and allocate the desired amount of PAX per room.
Occupancy-based pricing allows the customer to modify the room allocations by clicking on either the minus sign or the plus sign.
Important Note: It is not possible to proceed with the booking as long as there are travelers that have no room allocated.
Once all travelers are allocated to a room, the system will allow the customer to proceed.