Upsell Products are additional products or services that can be booked by the user. With the help of the ruleset, upsell products can be displayed for all of your templates or for specific ones, depending on your needs.
Upsell Products have a dedicated step within the planning process and they will be displayed in the first checkout step before the user needs to fill in the personal information. If a template has no upsell product assigned, then the step will not be displayed in the checkout process.
How to create upsell products?
In order to load an upsell product, please make sure you have the following information available:
- Description of the upsell product
- Net prices for all service categories
- Representative, high-quality picture of the upsell product
Steps to create upsell products:
- Go to Cockpit
- Click on Inventory
- Click on Products
- Click on Upsell Products
- Click on the button Create Upsell Product to open the following screen and enter the required information.
All required fields are marked with a *.
- Add the Name of the Upsell Product
- Choose the contracted Currency
- Note: This is only possible while creating the upsell product. Once you click Save, the currency cannot be changed for this upsell product anymore.
- Select the Type
- Choose between Insurance, Membership, Documentation, Transfer or Miscellaneous
- Add a Description
- Click Save
- After clicking Save, the draft of the upsell product will be created and you will be redirected to a new page.
The upsell product will not be created and the information won't be stored unless you click on Save. Only after clicking Save the draft of the upsell product will be created.
The currency cannot be changed after the upsell product is created. While the rest of the fields are open to being modified (in the draft and in future versions), the currency is considered as integral data of the upsell product.
Adding Service Categories
On the Service Categories tab, various service categories can be added. There is no restriction to the amount.
- Click on the Service Categories Tab
- Click on Add Service Category
- Enter the Name of the Service Category and hit OK. The entered Service Categories will appear on the screen.
- Select the Pricing Type
- Price per Group
- Price per Pax
- Click on the small calendar icon to add a Stop Sell Date (optional)
- Specific dates on which the service should not be offered can be entered here.
Create a Service Category with seasonality first.
The season tables of service categories are copied and only have to be entered once. When changing one of the season tables, all season tables are adjusted accordingly.
Create Pricing Season
To be able to add a pricing season, you need to create a pax range first.
Click on Create Now
- Pax ranges can be added according to the price calculations needed. Calculation will be based on your selected pricing type, per pax or per group.
|Price ranges differ per amount of Pax||1-1, 2-2, 3-3...|
|Price ranges are the same for a certain amount of Pax, i.e. groups||1-2, 3-4, 5-10...|
|Price ranges are the same for all Pax||1-99|
If the product should be bookable for more than two PAX, a range of at least 1-6 PAX should be created. Products that do not have a price for more than two PAX will not be visible on the Frontend for an inquiry of more than 2 pax.
After saving the Pax range, the pricing season can be added. Add as many pricing seasons as needed.
- Click on Add Pricing Season and then on Choose the season dates.
- A pop-up window will open to edit the pricing season. Several season tables can be added and there are two possibilities of adding.
- Enter a Season Name e.g. Low, High, or Peak Season.
- Seasons names are optional and are for internal use only, i.e. they are not displayed on the Planner.
- Calendar View
By clicking and pulling the mouse, a continuously available season can be added, making the product available on all chosen dates.
Click on OK to save the season
To remove selected dates: click on the blue highlighted date and confirm the deletion.
In the List View, dates can be selected by choosing them from the calendar. Selecting the start and end date allows you to create a continuously available season, making the product available on all chosen dates.
Click on OK to save the season
To remove selected dates: click on the bin sign on the right-hand side.
Once you added the different seasons needed, you are able to add a price to the season.
- Add your price below the Pax on each season.
If you now add a new service category, the pricing seasons will be taken over from the previous one, so you only need to set them once. However, pax ranges and prices can be individually adjusted for each category.
Do not forget to hit the SAVE button on top of the page to make sure to save your changes.
Move to the Pictures Tab to be able to add a picture to your upsell product. The tab is directly linked with the picture library.
Pictures need to be uploaded to the Picture Library before they can be assigned to a rental car.
- Click on the Picture Tab
- Click on the + to access the Picture Library
- Select the picture that you want to add to the upsell product and click on assign.
- Click Save
Adding Offer Rules
Move to the Offer Rules tab to be able to add rule sets to your upsell product. With the help of the ruleset, upsell products can be displayed for all your templates or for specific ones, depending on your needs.
- Enable the Opt-Out Possible if desired
- If selected, an opt-out option will be shown so the user can choose not to add the product.
- Select a Default Selection option
- Add Rules
- Define in which cases the upsell product shall be offered to the user by means of rule sets. One rule within a rule set must apply, and all rule sets must apply for the upsell product to be offered.
- Click on Add rule set to be able to define for which templates the upsell products should be displayed. Select from:
||Select preferred attribute from the drop-down list.|
Enter the value based on the selected attribute
You can define several rules in a ruleset. Moreover, you can combine several rule sets depending on your upsell product offer needs.
Learn more about the use of Additional Tabs in the following overview.
Cancellation Policies can be created within the Settings and will appear in the drop-down menu. See here
Or a custom cancellation policy can be defined and set directly on the product via the Add Custom Policy button.
|Translate||If the content is offered in various languages, this tab can be used to add the translation from your created content of the upsell product. The language options displayed, are based on the setup of your application.|
This tab is for internal use only. Here you are able to:
|Integration||The integration is used to add the external ID and system information.|
Publishing Upsell Products
Before an upsell product can be used in Checkout and added to a Module or Template, it must be published. The status of the upsell product is always displayed next to the defined upsell product name.
Next to the SAVE button, on the top right, you will see an action button with three dots.
- Click on the Button
- Click on Express Publish to publish the upsell product
- The status of the upsell product will be set from draft mode to publish.
Display in Checkout
Display of the upsell product in checkout: