Learn how to create an inventory transfer within the Cockpit
Transfers are used as connections in Templates. Each transfer is a single product and has a specific start and end location.
Several transfers can be added in a Template, e.g. first a boat transfer, then a road transfer, then flight transfer, etc. The prerequisite is that the end location of the precedent transfer matches the start location of the subsequent transfer.
2. How to create inventory transfers?
In order to create a transfer, the following information needs to be readily available:
- Net-sale price
- All start times
- The exact duration
- All extras
Steps to create an inventory transfer:
- Go to Cockpit
- Click on Inventory
- Click on Products
- Click on Transfers
- Click on the button Create Transfer to open the following screen and enter the required information.
Please Note: All required fields are marked with a *.
- Add the Title of the Transfer
- Descriptive element: From / To
- Choose the contracted Currency
- Please note: This is only possible while creating the Transfer. Once you click Save, the currency cannot be changed for this Transfer any more.
- Select the Means of Transportation
- Select from Bus Ride, Boat Ride, Car Ferry, Flight, Road Transfer, Train Ride, Motorcycle, Bicycle or Walking
- Tick the box for Private Transfer if needed
If the private transfer box is checked, the Planner will display the information that this is a private transfer.
- Add Start Times for the transfer (optional)
- Start times should only be added if they are mandatory in order to connect to the next product. Add as many start times as needed, in order to give a greater choice on the Frontend. Please also consider setting Buffer Times.
- Add the Duration & Overnight of the transfer
- Duration/overnights are calculated in 24 hours.
- If a transfer only takes 30 min., only the minutes' field needs to be filled. The other fields should stay on 0.
- Enter a Short Description
- Short descriptions are not mandatory but they can be used if specific information is needed, e.g. Your driver will pick you up at the airport and directly transfer you to your hotel.
- Add the Start and End Location
- The start and end locations have to be chosen from the drop-down menu in order to be added properly. The search is pulled via Google and the pin can be manually moved to its exact location if desired.
- The prerequisite is that the end location of a transfer should match the start location of the subsequent transfer, stop, etc., and vice versa.
- Click Save
- After clicking Save, the draft of the Transfer will be created and you will be redirected to a new page.
Please Note: The transfer will not be created and the information won't be stored unless you click on Save. Only after clicking Save the draft of the transfer will be created.
Please Note: The currency cannot be changed after the transfer is created. While the rest of the fields are open to being modified (in the draft and in future versions), the currency is considered as integral data of the transfer.
Adding Service Categories
On the Service Categories tab, various service categories can be added. There is no restriction to the amount.
- Click on the Service Categories Tab
- Click on Add Service Category
- Enter the Name of the Service Category and hit OK. The entered service categories will appear on the screen.
- Enter an Included and/or Excluded Remark, which should be displayed in the transfer if required. (optional)
- Select the Pricing Type
- Price per Group
- Price per Pax
- Click on the small calendar icon to add a Stop Sell Date (optional)
- Specific dates on which the service should not be offered can be entered here.
Best Practice: Create a Service Category with seasonality first.
The season tables of service categories are copied and only have to be entered once. When changing one of the season tables, all season tables are adjusted accordingly.
Create Pricing Season
To be able to add a pricing season you need to create a pax range first.
Click on Create Now
- Pax ranges can be added according to the price calculations needed. The calculation will be based on your selected pricing type, per pax or per group.
|Price ranges differ per amount of Pax||1-1, 2-2, 3-3...|
|Price ranges are the same for a certain amount of Pax, i.e. groups||1-2, 3-4, 5-10...|
|Price ranges are the same for all Pax||1-99|
Please Note: If the product should be bookable for more than two PAX, a range of at least 1-6 PAX should be created. Products that do not have a price for more than 2 PAX will not be visible on the Frontend for an inquiry of more than 2 PAX.
After saving the Pax range, the pricing season can be added. Add as many pricing seasons as needed.
- Click on Add Pricing Season and then on Choose the season dates.
- A pop-up window will open to edit the pricing season. Several season tables can be added and there are two possibilities of adding.
- Enter a Season Name e.g. Low, High, or Peak Season.
- Season names are optional and are for internal use only, i.e. they are not displayed on the Planner.
- Calendar View
By clicking and pulling the mouse, a continuously available season can be added, making the product available on all chosen dates.
Click on OK to save the season
Please Note: To remove selected dates: click on the blue highlighted date and confirming the deletion.
In the List View, dates can be selected by choosing them from the calendar. Selecting the start and end dates allows you to create a continuously available season, making the product available on all chosen dates.
Click on OK to save the season
Please Note: To remove selected dates: click on the bin sign, on the right-hand side.
Once you added the different seasons needed, you are able to add a price to the season.
- Add your price below the pax on each season.
If you now add a new service category, the pricing seasons will be taken over from the previous one, so you only need to set them once. However, pax ranges and prices can be individually adjusted for each category.
Important Note: Do not forget to hit the SAVE button on top of the page to make sure to save your changes.
Amenities are used to add extra services such as entertainment options, guides, or similar to a transfer. Amenities can either be added as Single or Grouped amenities.
To add amenities to your transfer go to the Amenities Tab:
Clicking on Add Amenity opens a window
Add the Name of the amenity
- Select the Type of the amenity
- Click OK to create the amenity
Please Note: While all other information can be edited, the amenity type cannot be changed after creation.
After clicking OK you will be directed to the detail page of the amenity.
- Select an Inclusion Policy
- Select a Pricing Type and is charged options
- Add a Pricing Season and Price (same function as for room categories)
- Click Save
There are several inclusion policies offered for amenities, which have an impact on what can be selected in Planner and how it is displayed.
|Inclusion Policy||Pricing Type||Description|
|Optional by default not selected||Price per pax/group||
The amenity has a price and can be selected by the customer.
|Optional by default selected||Price per pax/group||
The amenity has a price and is selected, it can be deselected by the customer.
|Mandatory always selected||Included||
The amenity is included and cannot be deselected by the customer.
|Mandatory always selected||Price per pax/group||The price is not displayed to the customer on the Planner. The price will be listed under the included options.|
Learn more about the use of the Additional Tabs in the following overview.
|Tags||Tags can be used to distinguish products on the platform from one another and to pull the information from the transfer via our APIs.|
|Translate||If the content is offered in various languages, this tab can be used to add the translation from your created content of the transfer. The language options displayed, are based on the setup of your application.|
This tab is for internal use only. Here you are able to
|Integration||The integration is used to add the external ID and system information.|
Before a transfer can be used in Planner and added to a Module or Template, it must be published. The status of the transfer is always displayed next to the defined transfer name.
Next to the SAVE button, on the top right, you will see an action button with three dots.
- Click on the Button
- Click on Express Publish to publish the transfer
- The status of the transfer will be set from draft mode to publish.
3. Display in Planner
Display of the transfers in Planner:
Display of the transfer in the overview of the transfer:
Display of the transfer in the detail view of the transfer:
Please Note: If you would like to add allotments to your transfers, please refer to the following article on how to add allotments.