Depending on the number of itinerary templates available on Our Tours or Branded Tours, there may be better solutions than paginated navigation for reaching the intended template or conducting a textual search. To ease the search process, TripBuilder provides an Advanced Filters feature.
Advanced filters in Discovery Overview are enabled by default.
However, for an IBE integration, the search results come without filters on top by default. These can be easily enabled on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please check the IBE Configuration Options and URL Parameter API article.
Using advanced filters
The advanced filters are comprised of 13 individual filters that can be enabled/disabled individually:
- Text filter: Applied on search keywords. The entered text must have at least one match with one of the entries on search keywords. The TripBuilder maintains search keywords, holding information from the template's modules, description, tags and more. The content of search keywords is not strictly defined but should include all information relevant to a text search.
- Trip Type filter: Applied on the trip type categories defined for the template. If specified, all templates that include the selected categories are shown.
- Target Group filter: Applied on the target group categories defined for the template. If specified, all templates that include the selected categories are shown.
- Theme filter: Applied on the set of theme categories defined for the template. If specified, all templates that include the selected categories are shown.
- Country filter: Applied on country Codes. Country codes contain a list of countries which are visited. Modules, legs, products and connections are checked.
- Start location filter: Filter by start location (IATA-Code or Metropolitan Area). This only applies to airports.
- End location filter: Filter by end location (IATA-Code or Metropolitan Area). This only applies to airports.
- Custom Template filter: Search for custom and public templates on Discovery. Otherwise, only public templates will be searched.
- Start date filter: Applied on the template’s availability of the template. If set, all templates with an end date greater than the start date are shown.
- End date filter: Applied on the template’s availability. If set, all templates with a start date less than the end date are shown.
- Duration filter: Applied on descriptive duration fields. If min. duration is set, then the trip's min. duration must be equal or longer. If max. duration is set, then the trip's max. duration must be equal or shorter.
- Region filter: Applied on the region of the template. This is only active when at least one value from the Country filter is selected. It only shows regions belonging to the specified countries. The region is inferred from the template's start location.
- Tag filters: Configure tag filters that are visible on Discovery Overview, allowing the filtering of templates by tags.
Please have a look at the article Tag Filters for additional information.
For example, in the previous screenshot, all filters are enabled except for Duration, Region and Tag.
Besides configuring the presentation (or not) of filters, you can also determine the order in which they are presented in the interface.
Know more on how to configure Advanced Filter in the following section.
Configuring advanced filters
You can set Advanced Filters by going through the next steps:
From the Cockpit, go to Settings.
Click on Distribution Channels.
Click on your TripBuilder ID.
On the Discovery tab, scroll down to Filters.
Specify which filters should be displayed and the order between them. Filters with lower position priority will be displayed before filters with higher position priority. If two filters have the same position priority, their names will determine the order between them.