Depending on the number of itinerary templates available on Our Tours or Branded Tours, there may be better solutions than paginated navigation for reaching the intended template or conducting a textual search. To ease the search process, TripBuilder provides an Advanced Filters feature.
Advanced filters in Discovery Overview are enabled by default.
However, for an IBE integration, the search results come without filters on top by default. These can be easily enabled on a case-by-case basis.
Please check the IBE Configuration Options and URL Parameter API article for additional information.
Using advanced filters
The advanced filters are comprised of 13 individual filters that can be enabled/disabled individually:
- Text: Applied on search keywords. The entered text must have at least one match with one of the entries on search keywords. The TripBuilder maintains search keywords, holding information from the template's modules, description, tags and more. The content of search keywords is not strictly defined but should include all information relevant to a textual search.
- Trip Type: Applied on the trip type categories defined for the template. If specified, all templates that include the selected categories are shown.
- Target Group: Applied on the target group categories defined for the template. If specified, all templates that include the selected categories are shown.
- Theme: Applied on the set of theme categories defined for the template. If specified, all templates that include the selected categories are shown.
- Country: Applied on country Codes. Country codes contain a list of countries which are visited. Modules, segments, products and connections are checked.
- Start location: Filter by start location (IATA-Code or Metropolitan Area). This only applies to airports.
- End location: Filter by end location (IATA-Code or Metropolitan Area). This only applies to airports.
- Custom Template: Search for custom and public templates on Discovery. Otherwise, only public templates will be searched.
- Start date and Latest End date: Both filters refine the template display based on their availability being comprised within a specified start and end date range. While the Start date field is mandatory (and will automatically use today's date if left undefined), the Latest End date field is optional. Leaving it blank will result in an "open-ended" search, where no restriction is applied to the template's start date.
- Duration: Applied on descriptive duration fields. If min. duration is set, then the trip's min. duration must be equal or longer. If max. duration is set, then the trip's max. duration must be equal or shorter.
- Region: Applied on the region of the template. This is only active when at least one value from the Country filter is selected. It only shows regions belonging to the specified countries. The region is inferred from the template's start location.
- Tag: Configure tag filters visible on Discovery Overview by allowing the filtering of templates by tags.
Please have a look at the article Tag Filters for additional information.
For example, in the previous screenshot, all filters are enabled except for Duration, Region and Tag (i.e. no tags have been defined).
Besides configuring the presentation (or not) of filters, you can also determine the order in which they are presented in the interface.
Know more on how to configure Advanced Filter in the following section.
Configuring advanced filters
You can set Advanced Filters by going through the following steps:
From the Cockpit, go to Settings.
Click on Distribution Channels.
Click on your TripBuilder ID.
On the Discovery tab, scroll down to Filters.
Specify which filters should be displayed and the order between them with the Position numeric field. Filters with lower position priority will be displayed before filters with higher position priority. If two filters have the same position priority, the alphabetic ordering of names will be considered.